Tuesday, November 29, 2011

(Robert A.) HALL vs. (Inderjeet) KAUR




ORIGINALLY, I ATTRIBUTED THIS PIECE TO MR. BIILL COSBY. I WAS WRONG. HE DID NOT WRITE IT AND I APOLOGISE PROFUSELY. I SHOULD HAVE BEEN MORE CAREFUL HERE IS WHAT SNOPES SAYS ABOUT IT ALONG WITH MR. COSBY'S DENIAL.


Since August 2011 this opinion piece has been widely circulated on the Internet in a version that presents it as the work of comedian Bill Cosby. Dr. Cosby (who is actually 75 years old) had nothing to do with writing it, and his own site features a denial of any association with it:
There’s an email floating around — entitled “I’m 76 and tired” — purportedly sent by me. I did not write the email, I did not send the email, I’m not 76, and I don’t subscribe to the ugly views expressed in the email. We are coming up to an important anniversary on Sunday [the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks], which is a day when we should all come together. Whoever wrote this email is not thinking about our country, or what is important. If you get the email, it’s time to hit DELETE.

Read more at http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/imtired.asp#6kTQm2y1lX30c244.99
 HERE IS THE CORRECT ATTRIBUTION, AGAIN FROM SNOPES: this article...


was penned by Robert A. Hall, a former Massachusetts state senator and U.S. Marine Corps veteran who is also the author of the 2005 book The Good Bits (The Marines, the Massachusetts Senate and Managing Associations). Robert Hall blogs as The Old Jarhead at tartanmarine.blogspot.com, and the piece quoted here, titled "I'm Tired," was his blog entry for 19 February 2009.
Read more at http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/imtired.asp#6kTQm2y1lX30c244.99

"I'm 83 and Tired" 

Worth reading
This should be required reading for every man, woman and child in
Jamaica,
The UK , United States of America, Canada, Australia and New Zealand and
To all the world...
 

"I'm 83 and I'm Tired"


I'm 83
. Except for brief period in the 50's when I was doing my National
Service, I've worked hard since I was 17. Except for some some serious
Health challenges, I put in 50-hour weeks, and didn't call in sick in nearly
40 years. I made a reasonable salary, but I didn't inherit my job or my
Income, and I worked to get where I am. Given the economy, it looks as
Though retirement was a bad idea, and I'm tired. Very tired.  
 

I'm tired
of being told that I have to "spread the wealth" to people who
Don't have my work ethic. I'm tired of being told the government will take
The money I earned, by force if necessary, and give it to people too lazy
To earn it.      
   

I'm tired
of being told that Islam is a "Religion of Peace," when every day I
Can read dozens of stories of Muslim men killing their sisters, wives and
Daughters for their family "honor"; of Muslims rioting over some slight
Offense; of Muslims murdering Christian and Jews because they aren't
"believers"; of Muslims burning schools for girls; of Muslims stoning
Teenage rape victims to death for "adultery"; of Muslims mutilating the
Genitals of little girls; all in the name of Allah, because the Qur'an and
Shari'a law tells them to.  
   

I'm tired
of being told that out of "tolerance for other cultures" we must let
Saudi Arabia and other Arab countries use our oil money to fund mosques
And madrassa Islamic schools to preach hate in Australia, New Zealand,
UK, America and Canada, while no one from these countries are allowed to
Fund a church, synagogue or religious school in Saudi Arabia or any other
Arab country to teach love and tolerance..  
 

I'm tired
of being told I must lower my living standard to fight global
Warming, which no one is allowed to debate.

I'm tired
of being told that drug addicts have a disease, and I must help
Support and treat them, and pay for the damage they do. Did a giant germ
Rush out of a dark alley, grab them, and stuff white powder up their noses
Or stick a needle in their arm while they tried to fight it off?
 

I'm tired
of hearing wealthy athletes, entertainers and politicians of all
Parties talking about innocent mistakes, stupid mistakes or youthful
Mistakes, when we all know they think their only mistake was getting
Caught. I'm tired of people with a sense of entitlement, rich or poor.  
 

I'm really tired
of people who don't take responsibility for their lives and
Actions. I'm tired of hearing them blame the government, or discrimination
Or big-whatever for their problems.

I'm also tired
and fed up with seeing young men and women in their teens and
Early 20's be-deck them selves in tattoos and face studs, thereby making
Themselves un-employable and claiming money from the Government.

Yes, I'm damn tired.
But I'm also glad to be 83.. Because, mostly, I'm not
Going to have to see the world these people are making.I'm just sorry for
My granddaughter and her children.   Thank God I'm on the way out and not
On the way in.


There is no way this will be widely publicized, unless each of us
Sends it on!

This is your chance to make a difference.

" I'm 83 and I'm tired.    If you don't forward this you
are part of  the problem".
 
************************************************





This is my response:

Worth Reading

 This should be required reading for every man, woman and child who read Mr Hall's presentation.


"I'm 59 and handicapped and I'm tired."

I'm 59. Except for a brief time in the 1980s, I worked all my life until my physical disabilities made that impossible. I paid my taxes without too much grumbling and didn't expect anyone to take care of me. 

 I'm tired of hearing people, young and old, complaining about giving something back to the society that enabled them to accomplish what they are doing or have done. 

I'm tired of reading those who are lumping groups of people together and labeling the individuals in those groups as bad because they have severe problems coping with life.  There but for fortune go you and I, Bud.

I'm tired of Islam being demonised because of the cultural - not Qur'anic - teachings of some adherents.

 I'm tired of those who regard non-incoming producing adults as parasites without regard to why they are not producing income or what other useful services they may be performing.  I'm tired of feeling like a parasite personally, although I know my feelings about myself are mine to handle and don't really belong in this public forum.

I'm really tired of listening to uncalled-for condemnation of people who take responsibility for their lives by attempting to change injustices in society.   I'm tired of  them being disrespected, beaten by police, pepper-sprayed in the face, and called ugly names.  I'm tired of those who ignore the facts about discrimination and act as if they rest of us should simply accept these inequities and pretend they don't exist.    

I'm tired of social Darwinism which condemns the less fit, by society's definition, to lives of unproductive despair with the only possible escapes being drugs or death.  I'm really tired of hearing those who have given up written off as subhuman.  There but for fortune...  

I'm tired of hearing older people mouthing platitudes about "What has become of the younger generation?"  Every generation has said that about the generation following since the beginning of human history.  It's both old and pointless. 


Most of all, I'm tired of Robert A. Hall ranting and raving and holding himself above everybody else.  I will, however, defend to the death his right to do so. 

Yes, I'm damned tired and really sorry I won't be around to see how our current societal problems will be coped with by the coming generations who will have the benefit of a wider vision and a better education provided by the Internet.  I see a glorious and difficult future ahead, as there has always been a glorious and difficult future ahead for our species.

Mr. Hall I disagree with your pessimistic assessment;  if you're ever in my neighborhood, please drop by and I'll teach you about something called chardi kala.

BTW,  I am not part of the problem.  I AM THE PROBLEM!  I disagree with you and I won't shut up.  Sure, I will cheerfully send your gloomy, hateful diatribe to others - along with my  much more optimistic predictions.

Send this on if you wish.  It's totally up to you.

I won't promise it'll save the world or bring you good luck or make God to smile upon you.  

I ask only that you include both presentations.  They balance each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment if you like. Or not. It is your choice. No coercion from moi.

Sorry about the word verification thingy, but I was getting way too many spurious comments, some obscene, some just in bad taste.