Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Truly Julie's Blues by Bob Lind

Bob Lind's music has been a part of my life since the 1960s. This has always been one of my favorites.





TRULY JULIE'S BLUES
Bob Lind

When you're thirsty and no one will fill your cup for you,
And your well-dressed friends don't want you on their street,
When you are so far down, the gutter looks like up to you,
I will still be kneeling at your feet,
I will still be kneeling at your feet.

When you can't remember where you left your laughter,
And you forget the definition of your name,
When your yesterday sets fire to your ever after,
I'll reach down and pull you from the flames,
I'll reach down and pull you from the flames.

When all the crippled children you give strength too,
Lay their crutches down and walk away,
And you realise that all their mothers hate you,
I'll be there to hear the things you say,
I'll be there to hear the things you say.

When at last your bitter problems all ignore you,
And you've come out clean, everything is done.
And you realise I've been through it all before you,
Come down and walk beside me in the sun,
Come down and walk beside me in the sun.

If you like this song, please visit Bob Lind's website at http://www.boblind.com/
You might also enjoy The Bob Lind Forum at http://www.boblind.com/board/viewforum.php?f=7

Mr. Lind graciously gave his permission for me to make and post this video.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment if you like. Or not. It is your choice. No coercion from moi.

Sorry about the word verification thingy, but I was getting way too many spurious comments, some obscene, some just in bad taste.