Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Zennish Thoughts on Death & Dying

My sheepish karma just ran over your catatonic dogma.

"Remembering that I will be dead soon is the most important
tool I have ever encountered to help me making the big choices in life.
Because almost everything - all external expectations, all pride, all
fear of embarrassment or failure- these things just fall away in the
face of death, leaving only what is truly important .

Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to
avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already
naked; there is no reason not to follow your heart.

Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life.
Don't be trapped by the dogma-which is living with the result of other
people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other's opinion drown out
your own inner voice".

Steve Jobs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment if you like. Or not. It is your choice. No coercion from moi.

Sorry about the word verification thingy, but I was getting way too many spurious comments, some obscene, some just in bad taste.